PIERS Morgan has described the death threats his sons received after the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle row as “disgusting”.
His boys – Spencer and Stanley – were targeted by trolls online amid the furore, leaving Piers furious.
The former GMB host opened up about the abuse during his latest interview with Extra’s Billy Bush.
He said: “All I can say is there were 57,000 complaints against me, which were drive by an online mob that came for me all day, came for members of my family, who were abusing my sons all day long, issuing death threats to them.”
Asked if his wife Celia Walden supported him, he said: “My wife’s always been completely supportive about this, but she hates the online abuse…
“The idea my sons had to be targeted by so-called liberals in a way that was threatening to them, abusive to them… is completely disgusting.”
Piers and GMB co-star Alex Beresford clashed over their take on the chat during Tuesday morning’s episode of the breakfast show.
Alex criticised Piers for his coverage on the interview, which resulted in Piers storming off set.
That evening Piers stood down from the programme after 41,000 people complained to Ofcom over his remarks about Meghan.
During his interview yesterday, Piers claimed he had been sent messages on behalf of “several” royals over his coverage of the Meghan interview.
Piers said: “I’ve had some messages communicated to me on behalf on several members of the Royal Family.
“I’m not going to go into who it was… but gratitude that somebody was standing up.”