• Mon. Mar 1st, 2021

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry latest news

ByDNP

Feb 23, 2021

A FASCINATING new update about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s forthcoming Oprah interview proves it really will be no holds barred.

Royal fans will be shocked to learn than Oprah’s producers have requested archive footage of Meghan’s estranged half-sister Samantha, suggesting the Duchess may well be asked about a rift in the Markle family.

The nugget of information was revealed today by Holly Willoughby, who said Oprah’s crew had contacted This Morning staff for permission to use a clip from one Samantha’s often decidedly anti-Meghan interviews.

The couple’s bombshell interview with Oprah is due to be aired on March 8 in the UK and will no doubt be viewed by hundreds of millions of people around the world as they break their silence on Megxit.

The news comes as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were seen for the first time since being stripped of their Royal titles, gushing over sharing vulnerabilities as they promoted their new podcast series.

Pregnant Meghan, 39, stunned in a £2,478 Oscar de la Renta for the online video while sitting close to her husband on a couch.

They appeared alongside other A-listers including Justin Bieber, J Balvin, Brené Brown and Blackpink to feature in the #SpotifyStreamOn event.

The couple – who have signed multi-million pound deals with Spotify and Netflix – said they wanted to “elevate voices” that weren’t being heard.

Follow our Harry and Meghan live blog below for the very latest news and gossip about the royal couple…

  • QUEEN’S DECISION

    THE Queen reportedly decided long ago which royals will take on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s patronages – even before they officially quit.

    The monarch will make the announcement to the Royal Family in the next few weeks, the Daily Mirror reported.

    The Queen reportedly made the decision before the announcement that Harry, 36, and Meghan, 39, would not return to the Royal Family.

  • DUKE OF EDINBURGH HAS INFECTION AND WILL REMAIN IN HOSPITAL

    PRINCE Philip, 99, will spend “several” more days in hospital after suffering from an infection

    Prince Edward told Sky: “As far as I’m aware, well I did speak to them the other day, so he’s a lot better thank you very much indeed, and he’s looking forward to getting out, which is the most positive thing.

    “So we keep our fingers crossed.”

    It comes after Prince William yesterday said his grandfather was doing “OK”.

    On Friday, a source said: “Following consultation with his doctor, the Duke of Edinburgh is likely to remain in hospital for observation and rest over the weekend and into next week.

    “As we have said previously, the doctor is acting with an abundance of caution. The duke remains in good spirits.”

  • PRINCE PHILIP ‘A LOT BETTER’

    Prince Edward has told Sky News Prince Philip is “a lot better” and is “looking forward” to getting out of hospital.

    He has been treated at the same London hospital for several ailments in previous years.

    It is understood he had felt unwell for several days before royal doctors ordered him to hospital as a “precautionary measure”.

    He was driven 26 miles from Windsor Castle in a private car and walked into the hospital unaided.

  • PRINCE PHILIP ‘COMFORTABLE’

    Buckingham Palace has said Prince Philip is “comfortable and responding to treatment but is not expected to leave hospital for several days.”

    The Duke of Edinburgh, 99, was taken to London’s King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday.

  • ‘DOMINANT’ HARRY AND ‘DEMURE’ MEGHAN

    PRINCE Harry looked “dominant” next to “demure” Meghan Markle who showed off a “softer side” in their first appearance since quitting the royal family, according to an expert.

    Body language expert Judi James said the couple now have a “US-style polish” in how they carry themselves. 

    The Duke, 36, and Duchess of Sussex, 39, recorded a 20-second video for a Spotify live stream event to plug their Archewell Audio podcast yesterday.

    It was the first time the couple have been seen since confirming they will not be returning to royal duties – and subsequently being stripped of their royal patronages. 

    Judi told FEMAIL how Meghan had a “demurely regal pose” for the recording, while Harry looked more “American” with “wide hand gestures and energetic delivery”.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex did a video to promote their Spotify podcast, which was released yesterday
    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex did a video to promote their Spotify podcast, which was released yesterday
  • QUEEN’S COUSIN IN CUFFS

    THIS is the moment the Queen’s cousin was led away in handcuffs as he was today caged for breaking into a woman’s room and groping her.

    Simon Bowes-Lyon forced his way in while the victim was asleep during an event he was hosting at his ancestral home Glamis Castle in Scotland.

    The 34-year-old pushed her nightdress up and branded her a “rude, mean, bad and horrible person” when she confronted him.

    He also grabbed her inappropriately and told her he wanted an affair during the 20-minute attack.

    Bowes-Lyon was today jailed for ten months after previously pleading guilty to the attack in February last year at Dundee Sheriff Court.

  • WHAT THE SUSSEXES HAVE LOST AFTER ABANDONING BRITAIN

    Prince Harry will no longer be the captain general of the Royal Marines, the honorary air commandant of RAF Honington in Suffolk, or honorary commodore-in-chief of the Royal Naval Command’s small ships and diving.

    The duke must also give up the presidency of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, along with roles as patron of the Rugby Football Union, the Rugby Football League, and the London Marathon Charitable Trust.

    Meghan, meanwhile, loses two royal patronages given to her by the Queen (in 2019) at the National Theatre and the Association of Commonwealth Universities.

    The duchess must also give up her role as vice-president of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust.

  • LAST-MINUTE EDIT FOR OPRAH INTERVIEW

    Production sources at US network CBS say Oprah Winfrey’s controversial interview with the Sussexes will be re-edited.

    The last-minute work before it goes to air will cover the growing gap between the US-based couple and the rest of the royal family.

  • HARRY AND MEGHAN ‘CROSSED RED LINE’

    The Queen “loves her children and being a grandmother” but Prince Harry and Meghan Markle “crossed a red line” by deciding to walk away from the royal family, an expert has claimed.

    The royal expert describes the Queen as a “patient woman” but said that her sense of duty came before her grandson, Harry, the Mirror reports.

    The statement released by the palace said the Monarch was saddened by the decision, but the Queen has tried to “protect the royal family and avoid it being tainted” said royal expert Angela Levin.

    She suggested there’d been “a lot of rumours that the Queen would do this” so she wasn’t “in the least surprised.”

  • MEGHAN’S SNACKING HABITS REVEALED

    Meghan has spoken a fair bit about her diet in the past, and confirmed that one of her go-to healthy snacks is watermelon.

    In a past interview, she said: “On set and at home, I try to always have a container of watermelon sprinkled with cinnamon because it elevates the flavour just a notch, and makes it feel special.”

    The mum-of-one also prefers a healthy drink to gorging on takeaways.

    Speaking of her fast food choices, she told The Chalkboard in a past chat: “A green juice. That’s fast. And it’s food. It’s been many moons since I went through a drive thru.”

  • WHAT DO HARRY AND MEGHAN KEEP?

    Prince Harry still retains the private patronages or presidencies for charities including African Parks, Dolen Cymru, the Henry van Straubenzee Memorial Fund, Invictus Games, MapAction, Rhino Conservation Botswana charity, Sentebale, and WellChild.

    Meghan keeps hold of her two private patronages, Smart Works and the animal charity Mayhew.

    It is not clear who will be gifted their previous titles.

  • EIGHT IN LINE TO THE THRONE

    Harry and Meghan’s new baby will be eighth in line to the throne.

    The first seven places will remain unchanged — the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis, Harry, and Archie Mountbatten-Windsor.

    Harry has retained his place in the line of succession despite quitting royal life.

    The baby boy or girl will enter the line of succession behind their older brother Archie.

  • NAME GAME

    The names Alfie and Alexandra are the favourites with one bookmaker to be picked by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for their baby.

    Harry and Meghan already have a young son called Archie, and the announcement they are expecting their second child has prompted royal fans to pick other names starting with the letter A.

    Ladbrokes has Alfie and Alexandra as frontrunners, both with odds of 4-1, and the betting on the baby’s sex has seen both a boy and girl priced at 10-11.

  • HALF OF BRITS TO SWITCH OFF IF HARRY & MEGHAN OPRAH INTERVIEW BROADCAST ON TV

    More than half of Brits vowed to switch channels if Harry and Meghan’s interview with Oprah Winfrey is broadcast here.

    The couple are now a turn-off for millions of royalists, a survey reveals.

    Most would prefer the Sussexes never to return to Britain, the exclusive Sun on Sunday poll says.

    A third said their opinion of the couple has worsened since they left, and some 55 per cent said they will not watch the Oprah show compared with 27 per cent who will.

    And 43 per cent do not want the couple to return to Britain and resume an active role in the Royal Family, while only 29 per cent would want them to come back.

  • WHAT DOES HARRY AND MEGHAN LOSING THEIR HONORARY TITLES MEAN FOR ARCHIE?

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have officially been stripped of their honorary titles and patronages, as they confirmed they won’t be returning as senior royals. 

    Following their 12-month review of Megxit with the Queen, Buckingham Palace put out a statement saying the monarch was ‘saddened’ by the decision

    As part of the couple’s agreement with the Queen last year, Meghan and Harry retained their His/Her Highness titles but no longer use them, and they will still be officially known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

    Read on to find out what it means for Archie and his sibling.

  • PRINCESS ANNE TO TAKE OVER FROM PRINCE HARRY AS CAPTAIN GENERAL OF THE ROYAL MARINES

    Princess Anne is set to take over from Prince Harry as Captain General of the Royal Marines. 

    Other patronages he held will be “shared out” among working royals, experts said.

    The Princess Royal, 70, is likely to become the first female Captain General after Harry was forced to give up the role.

    Royal sources said it would be “provocative” if the post were given to his brother William, 38.

    Harry, 36, is said to “bitterly disappointed” at losing the role, among a host of other positions.

  • WHEN IS MEGHAN AND HARRY’S BABY DUE?

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expecting a new addition to their family of three as they announced in a statement on February 14.

    The couple said: “We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child.”

    It is unclear when or where Meghan will give birth or what the sex of the baby is. 

    The duchess kept her pregnancy under wraps as her, Harry, and baby Archie have been social distancing in their Santa Barbara, California home.

  • QUEEN’S COUSIN JAILED

    THE Queen’s cousin has today been caged for ten months after breaking into a woman’s room and groping her.

    Simon Bowes-Lyon forced his way in while the victim was asleep during an event he was hosting at his ancestral home Glamis Castle in Scotland.

    The 34-year-old pushed her nightdress up and branded her a “rude, mean, bad and horrible person” when she confronted him.

    He also grabbed her inappropriately and told her he wanted an affair during the 20 minute attack.

    The Earl of Strathmore is a great-great nephew of Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother.

    Simon Bowes-Lyon, 34, has been jailed after a violent sexual assault at an event he was hosting at Glamis Castle
    Simon Bowes-Lyon, 34, has been jailed after a violent sexual assault at an event he was hosting at Glamis Castle
  • SECOND CHILD TO ‘MAKE HISTORY’

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry made history when quit the Royal Family in January 2020 – and their second child is set to be a trailblazer too.

    Speaking to Sky News, royal expert Rhiannon Mills explained how the Duke and Duchess’ baby will be the first of The Queen’s great-grandchildren to be born overseas.

    She said: “I think it is worth saying that what is going to be interesting about their new child is that this will actually be the first of the Queen’s great-grandchildren to be born abroad, which is an interesting fact in itself.

    “Also, when you consider that Princess Eugenie has also had a baby this week, which was the Queen’s ninth great-grandchild, so Harry and Meghan are going to have her tenth.”

  • KAMALA HARRIS COULD APPEAR ON MEGHAN AND HARRY’S PODCAST, EXPERT PREDICTS

    Royal fans could expect to see Vice-President Kamala Harris appear on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Archewell podcast, a royal commentator has claimed.

    Writing for The Telegraph, Rosa Silverman predicted Meghan and Kamala will collaborate on future projects – after the Vice-President supported the Duchess on Twitter last year.

    A source said: “I think there’s a real feeling of solidarity between the two women.”

    Commenting on the prospect of Kamala making an appearance on the podcast, Rosa wrote: “It would serve as a one-off collaboration to discuss and promote some shared aims and interests before Harris becomes too busy to enter into such enterprises with figures like Meghan.

    “What not to expect: A whole podcast series, with loads of unscripted jokes.”

  • THE COUPLE’S NET WORTH

    When Harry and Meghan Markle officially stepped down as senior members of the Royal Family they vowed to be financially independent.

    Prince Harry’s net worth comes in at £30,500,000.

    And before she tied the knot with Harry, Meghan was worth an estimated £3.5million, thanks to her role in American drama Suits.

    She pocketed a reported £500,000 pay-check for her role as Rachel Zane in the legal drama.

    Marriage to a royal has certainly boosted her finances though – and her assets: she now has a 91-piece jewellery collection worth £600,000.

  • WHAT NATIONALITY WILL MEGHAN AND HARRY’S SECOND BABY BE?

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s baby will be of dual nationality – British and American.

    Meghan gave birth to baby Archie at the Portland Hospital in London in May of 2019.

    Her current due date and planned place of birth is unknown, but it is thought to be in California in early spring.

  • MEGHAN AND HARRY ‘WON’T BE PAID’ FOR THEIR 90-MINUTE SPECIAL WITH OPRAH

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry won’t be paid for their appearance on Oprah, it’s been claimed.

    The pair, who scored multi-million deals with Netflix and Spotify, will be sitting down for a bombshell 90-minute special with the chat show queen – where they are expected to reveal details about their new life.

    According to the Telegraph, the couple will not be paid for the interview which will be aired on March 7.

    It has been billed as a prime time special that will see Meghan, 39, speak about topics ranging from “stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work, to how she is handling life under intense public pressure”.

  • COUPLE WARNED OF ‘OPRAH EFFECT’

    Harry and Meghan have been warned of the ‘Oprah effect’ as they prepare for the airing of their prime time interview.

    Marketing expert Jonathan Gabay told Metro the pair have reached the point of no return as they leave their British lives behind for ‘an LA zip code’.

    He added they are taking a “pretty risky” decision in taking part in the sit-down chat, which airs in America on March 7.

  • PRINCE HARRY’S PALS FEAR HE WILL REGRET DECISION TO QUIT FIRM

    Prince Harry’s friend Martyn Compton fears his former Army comrade will live to regret his decision to halt his royal duties.

    Martyn — badly burned in Afghanistan in 2006 and a pal of Harry’s for 15 years — says losing his honorary military titles as a result is bound to hurt the prince.

    But here the ex-Household Cavalry Lance Corporal tells The Sun on Sunday’s Executive Features Editor Ben Griffiths that no royal can be seen to cash in.

    Read the full story here

Read Also  Last year I was stopped by the police – I'm doing something about it



Source link

DNP

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *